He says cute things, I do not

Picture by Indie Image

Today while playing on the floor with his trucks Primo Said “Mommy I enjoy interaction!” The thing is someone on the TV just said that and he was repeating it but it cracked us up. It is true, he enjoys interaction and is always trying to get us to talk, play, or in any other way interact with him.

A couple of days ago we were in the car coming back from somewhere and I was feeling a bit defeated. We had gotten a bill for medical stuff that happened last year and should have been covered by the insurance that Beautiful had at the time but wasn’t. It was the latest in pile of bills that come when you think you might finally be doing well. Anyway I was moody and quiet and trying to explain to Beautiful why while Primo asked question after question in the back seat like a three year old is want to do. I told him to wait a minute while daddy was talking and he kept asking and asking.

I snapped at him “Primo I need you to SHUT UP for 2 minutes!” and even before the words left my mouth I felt like an ass. He clammed right up, not saying another word for a minute and then saying to Beautiful, “Daddy says shut up Primo.” I turned and to him and told him I was very sorry for saying that, I was wrong and should not have said that to him. I told him when we get home Daddy will have to go to timeout for that. He said “It’s OK daddy.” Later while we were driving he said “Sometimes daddy says no, and sometimes daddy says shut up.” I wanted to cry, I know I will say and do terrible things but knowing that doesn’t take the sting out of it when you have just done it.

6 comments for “He says cute things, I do not

1. 04/17/2010 at 6:38 am

I’ve been pretty good about not telling them to shut it. It’s when I get Hulk angry mad and raise my voice to scary levels that frightens them. :\

It happens. We’re not perfect. Hope it all gets better.
    .-= Eric´s last blog ..Cougar High Class of 2010 =-.

2. 04/17/2010 at 10:08 am

It’s not easy. I’m with mine twenty four seven. Sometimes, like anyone, she just grates on me. It’s not easy, and no… It doesn’t feel good.
    That’s the thing. Sometimes these things come out attempting to just … make things smoother, and then you just wind up feeling worse.

In the silence that you wanted in the first place.

That you could cut with a knife. *sigh*

3. Paula
    04/17/2010 at 11:10 am

We ALL do it. We are human; we do our very best and yet stumble. Thank you for a great post.

4. 04/17/2010 at 11:32 pm

I have done it a few times and have always felt like a complete ass afterwards. Part of being human and fallible.
    .-= Jack´s last blog ..A Letter To My Children- 2010 =-.

5. Ben
    04/18/2010 at 1:05 am

I often find my son repeating things I’ve said – you have to be so careful!

It’s great when they say funny things though!!
    .-= Ben´s last blog ..Week Fifteen: Funny how she only craves nice things… =-.

6. Jamie
    04/21/2010 at 8:21 am

My 3 yr old granddaughter was playing with two figures the other day. The two figures were facing each other and she was repeating “Don’t fight” back and forth from one figure to the other. She has two older brothers who tend to fight quite often. She must hear mommy say that all the time.

Comments are closed.