I’m taking the Kristen Bell Challenge!

From Shape Magazine

I am now three days into a new workout plan. It’s going well really, there are new things to do each day and so far it has been easy to keep up. I’m only three days in so I am under no illusions that it will stay this great but the pictures help. Wait did I not tell you what plan I’m following? My bad, it’s every workout plan in the latest Shape Magazine. This month has Kristen bell on the cover, that Kristen Bell up there on the left. I feel like you looking for more explanation than this so let me start from the beginning.

For the last year I have been getting Shape magazine delivered. It has my name on it, not Beautiful’s and it has followed us from when we lived in Hawaii even though I sent in no change of address form. I have no idea how I got signed up but growing up this is the kind of thing my friends would do to mess with me. No one will own up to it, even though they have obviously renewed the subscription at least once. I have been moving the magazines right from the mailbox to the recycling bin but when the latest issue arrived this Wednesday it coincided with a resolution that morning to start working out more. I wan’t sure what I was going to do and then the magazine arrived with headlines like:

• 4-Week Slim Down
  • 10 minute Emergency Fat blast
  • Yoga Burn & Firm
  • The 2 minute Ab Move

So here I was ready to start working out and there was this magazine with some great ideas on how to do it in 10 minute increments for 4 weeks. Now I know these workouts are meant for women, based on the pictures detailing how to do each of the exercises, but as the stay at home dad most people think I’m a woman anyway. So why not embrace that stereotype, get healthy, and put to use this great subscription. I will slim down one page at a time and hope that my fake subscription doesn’t run out before I get down to my fighting weight.

10 comments for “I’m taking the Kristen Bell Challenge!

1. 08/27/2010 at 5:48 am

LOL, I don’t know what to say…but I’ll think of something for the Band of SAHD podcast this Sunday 😉
    Chris (@tessasdad)´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – My two girls

Portlanddad Reply:

You should have plenty of time to come up with something by then.

2. 08/27/2010 at 11:03 am

sounds like fate. and hell, who cares if it’s the Kristen Bell workout? if my man had her ass, I’d be alllll over that.
    andygirl´s last blog post ..Photo of the Day- Jarritos

Portlanddad Reply:

Seriously, that’s what I’m going for!

3. 08/27/2010 at 4:47 pm

Brilliant! I think you should do a vlog chronicling your workouts.

Maybe I’ll start doing the “lose your baby weight” workouts in the Parenting magazine that has mysteriously been showing up in my mailbox for the last year.
    beta dad´s last blog post ..Yes- I have my children on leashes You got a problem with that

Portlanddad Reply:

The vlog is a good idea but I don’t film well. They say the camera adds 10 pounds and it looks like I have 12 cameras on me

4. Kevin (TheDADvocate)
    08/27/2010 at 10:57 pm

So I did something much worse when I finally started working out two years ago. I decided I was going to do it and I wanted something to workout to. I thought I would find some tybo in the cabinet but the only thing there was umm mmmhhmn I don’t think I can admit this. Hold on let my try again… Rich…. I really can’t do this…ricard si. .. Am I really going to admit I worked out to …. Ricard Simmons Sweating to the oldies. Hell I even liked it.
    Kevin (TheDADvocate)´s last blog post ..DADvocate Summary Results

Kevin (TheDADvocate) Reply:

You should see a 250lb overly enthusatic white guy dancing around like a fool. Thank good my wife was too embarrassed to take video. She feared I might post it.
    Kevin (TheDADvocate)´s last blog post ..DADvocate Summary Results

5. 08/29/2010 at 4:35 am

Very resourceful. Why drop hundreds of dollars on a gym membership, when Kristin Bell comes to you? Brillant! I’m really diggin’ your blog, sir.

6. 08/30/2010 at 6:59 am

Hey, I would do it if it made me look like her. lol.

Good luck man. Whatever it takes.
    Seattledad (Luke, I am Your Father)´s last blog post ..Help Cure Juvenile Myositis JM