All he needs is a nice place to lay his head

Segundo seems to have a pretty good handle on how much sleep he needs and when it’s time for him to go down he’s not going to push it past his limit. This weekend I was watching College basketball in the boys room, cause that’s where our tiny TV with the rabbit ears is located, with Primo sitting next to me looking at a book. Segundo told me he was tired and I said nap time was in about 20 minutes, there was 8 minutes left in the game but since it was close I knew there would be a timeout or two. I didn’t hear from Segundo again and when the game was over I went looking and found him in the living room, on the steamer trunk that passes as our coffee table, asleep. He was tired and since I wasn’t leaving his room in a timely manner he decided that was as good a spot as any to sleep, and sleep he did for three hours. I put Primo down for his nap in our room and watched a second game, then did the dishes and cleaned up the house while Segundo slept away on the trunk. I’m sure this is somehow proof that I am a terrible parent but I see it more as proof that he is a great kid. He’s not gonna sit there and whine about being tired and throw a fit, no he’s gonna grab his blanket and plug and find himself a nice place to take a nap. Seems like good practice for college to me.

10 comments for “All he needs is a nice place to lay his head

1. 01/24/2011 at 6:33 am

LOL! Putting basketball before the boys. More importantly than your fail, he is definitely a success at finding a size-appropriate nap location. Why bother with the giant comfortable couch? Go for the wooden trunk!

Portlanddad Reply:

Usually the boys are just ahead of basketball but the more they whine the farther they slip down the line

2. 01/24/2011 at 6:46 am

My 7-year-old daughter, Olivia, is the same way. She’ll knock out at a moment’s notice. We’d frequently notice that she’s missing during a family talk and discover her fast asleep in her bed. Scotty, on the other hand, the 11-year-old, will draft a press release and deliver it at a town hall meeting. No ay will he go down without a fight!
    Scott Hampton´s last blog post ..Meatless Monday- Vegan Pizza at Vinnie’s

3. Jamie
    01/24/2011 at 11:42 am

Perhaps when he goes to college though he will leave the plug at home. ha He is “his own little man.” Isn’t he?

Portlanddad Reply:

2 weeks until birthday number 3 and no more plug, he’s not a fan of that but he’s coming around.

4. 01/24/2011 at 1:34 pm

LOL. Mrs. LIAYF and I just got a new mattress. It is firm and if I had that kind of training, I would have slept much better on it the first couple of nights.
    Seattledad´s last blog post ..Elephant Boy

Portlanddad Reply:

Yeah a couple of practice nights on the floor would have prepared you

5. 01/25/2011 at 11:57 pm

yes, he’s perfectly prepared for college!

plus? he looks so cute laying there on the truck. he seems perfectly comfy to me.
    andygirl´s last blog post ..Photo of the Day- Stacey

Portlanddad Reply:

Under his blanket is a round metal flat canister but with his plush blanket it’s pillow enough

6. Abel Kyle
    02/19/2016 at 10:33 am

Creative analysis – I learned a lot from the information . Does someone know where I can access a sample USCIS I-9 form to work with ?