Now that both boys are diaper free I’m not having to carry a diaper bag around every where we go, but that doesn’t mean the bag stays at home. Having a well stocked bag is key to parent on the go and with summer in full swing we are often out of the house searching for adventure. I’m not one of those anti-diaper bag guys but you won’t find any girly bags in this house. We use a Dickies Messenger bag with patches and pins celebrating the greatest soccer team in the world, the Portland Timbers. Here is the rest of of our summer bag inventory:
- Sunscreen for those fair boys and their translucent skin
- Spare choonies and t-shirts
- First Aid bag with band aids, ointment, medical tape, daddy’s allergy meds.
- Wet Wipes, even without the diapers these are must haves for messy kids.
- Gold Fish or some other snack for emergency hunger pains.
- Plastic cups for splitting up beverages on the go.
- Smarty Phone
- Digital camera
Keeping a well stocked bag makes it easier to get out the door quickly and still have what you need. What do you have in your summer bag?